Pages

outfit & review: Vivien of Holloway 1940's swing trousers

Vivien of Holloway 1940's Swing Pants
Hat & sweater - thrifted, trousers - Vivien of Holloway, shoes - Wittner

I was super excited at the end of last week to finally receive my Vivien of Holloway 1940's Swing Trousers. I had been weighing up purchasing these beauties for some time now, and decided to finally take the plunge a few weeks back.

I went for the "Black Fleck" colour, as I thought they'd be fairly versatile in my current wardrobe, and would also have the least chance of showing up too much cat hair (the reason I hardly ever wear black anymore!)
The colour looks pretty much exactly as it does on the site which I am relieved about - I had read a few reviews for other colours saying the shade was completely different in person.

The trousers are a super-flattering high-waist style - I was a bit apprehensive about the crazy looking measurements at first but after trying them on I am really happy with how they make my waist look extra tiny and then lightly skim my hips (and bulkier thighs). Also that little pocket fits my iPhone perfectly! Probably not it's intended purpose but an added bonus for sure haha.

Now on to the (very few) downsides; the fabric of this particular colour is an almost nubby poly/viscose blend, unlined, and boy is it ITCHY!! I've washed them already with a fabric softener but it didn't make much difference, so I resorted to wearing stockings underneath. This is fine for now since it's winter here, but it would be nice to be able to wear them without anything underneath because the fabric is very thin and light so would also be nice for cooler summer days too.

They also feel.. hmm it's hard to explain but it feels like one side kind of pulls around more than the other, making the seam up the behind not exactly centred. It is very subtle though, so after a few minutes of wearing I didn't really notice it much.

I also had to sadly take down the lovely folded cuffs (but didn't iron them, as you can see...) because they were just slightly too short for my tastes. This is obviously not the fault of VoH, at 5'6" I'm no giant but I do tend to have this issue every now and then, especially in tailored trousers.

Vintage straw hat & sweater

Vivien of Holloway 1940's Swing Pants

Overall I love the look they give and think they are great for the price! I'd love to get some more in other colours and I'd also consider purchasing a pair from Heyday although they are a little more expensive, as I have heard really great things about them.

Vintage bow hat

In other news, I've been featured on scarveswraps.com as one of their Scarf Style top 10 bloggers for June, which is super cool!!

Hope everyone has a great week ahead! I'm thinking of starting up the Fat Mum Slim Photo a Day challenge again come tomorrow.. lets see how well I stick to it this time!

4 comments:

  1. So simple yet so pretty! I love that hat so much :) You look awesome... not to mention the bold red on your lips ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hat. Nuff said.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful outfit! I'm just dying over your little hat!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...